Atlanta Wrongful Death Attorneys
Committed to Getting Justice for Your Loss
The attorneys at the Angell Law Firm have considerable experience representing Georgia families in wrongful death cases. If you have lost a loved one and don't know what to do, here is some information that will help you get started. While nothing can ever compensate you for the loss of a loved one, we will do everything the law allows to help compensate you for your loss.
While it is difficult to make decisions in the middle of the grieving process, you should not wait to hire an experienced wrongful death attorney. Important evidence concerning the accident may be lost and this could have a negative impact on the case.
How Damages Are Awarded
A Georgia wrongful death claim can be complicated and confusing, which is why it is so important to have a Georgia wrongful death attorney on your side. As the survivor of a loved one, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Georgia for the recovery of the following three kinds of damages:
- The loss of the love, companionship, comfort, affection, society, solace, moral support, and (if a spouse is a claimant) consortium of the decedent;
- The value of the household services the decedent would have provided in the future, if any, and
- The value of the financial support which the claimant would have received from the decedent but for the death.
Who Can File A Claim
After a loved one has passed away, there are only certain people who may file a wrongful death claim. First in line is the surviving spouse. If there is now surviving spouse then the children my file the claim. Others who may file a claim include the following.
- then brothers and sisters;
- then the children of deceased brothers and sisters;
- then grandparents;
- and then their lineal descendants
To determine if you are eligible to file a wrongful death claim, it is important to have a knowledgeable Atlanta wrongful death lawyer on your side. By hiring a Georgia wrongful death attorney from The Angell Law Firm, you can be assured that we will take care of all the details and answer all of your questions. Please call our office for your free and confidential consultation at (770) 217-4954.