Broadside Car Accident
One of the most common types of car accidents involves one vehicle broadsiding another. A broadside car accident involves one driver’s vehicle running into the side of another vehicle. This type of accident is also commonly referred to as a “T-bone” accident, due to the resulting T-shape that the two vehicles form during the collision. If you have been in such a collision, an Atlanta car accident lawyer can help.How Broadside Car Accidents Happen in Atlanta
A broadside accident can happen when the front or rear end of one vehicle collides with the side of another vehicle. Broadside accidents are one of the most common types of accidents and they can be caused by a number of situations:
- A negligent vehicle operator running a red light at an intersection can be broadsided by a vehicle that has the right of way. Alternatively, the vehicle that is running the red light could broadside someone in the intersection who has the right of way.
- A negligent driver backing out of a parking space or driveway without looking could run into the side of another vehicle while backing up.
- A negligent driver who ignores a stop sign can enter an intersection and be broadsided by someone who has the right of way.
- Two vehicles that are driving parallel with one another can end up involved in a broadside accident if one of the driver’s negligently shifts into the lane of another vehicle.
Broadside accidents can produce serious injuries regardless of whether the victim is struck from the side, or is caused to strike the side of another vehicle due to the negligent driving of another. In either case, a broadside impact is usually an abrupt collision in which the vehicles are moving with sufficient force to cause severe injuries. The victims involved in these accidents are jostled about by the impact - and quite forcefully. This can lead to serious injuries including but not limited to:
- Spinal cord and shoulder injuries.
- Broken limbs and ribs.
- Injuries to the head, face, and neck from broken window glass.
- Crush injuries, such as seriously crushed limbs, or eventual amputations.
- Chemical burns on the head and face due to airbag deployment.
- Internal injuries due to force exerted on the body by the seat belt during impact.
Broadside car accidents are scary and can cause victims serious harm. Anyone who has been involved in a side impact accident in Atlanta that was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another needs to speak with an experienced Atlanta car accident lawyer. You need a skilled car accident attorney serving Atlanta to help fight for your rights. Broadside accident victims may be entitled to financial compensation for their injuries and property damage.Car Accident Help When You Need it
Atlanta personal injury lawyer Bryce Angell and the team at The Angell Law Firm can help you seek justice after a broadside car accident. With offices conveniently located in downtown Atlanta, our firm is ready to help you with your car accident case, no matter where in Georgia it occurred. To schedule a free and confidential consultation with a personal injury attorney serving Atlanta, call (770) 217-4954 or fill out our online contact form.