Common Causes of an Atlanta Parking Lot Accident
A pedestrian accident is an accident involving a vehicle and a person on foot. The vehicle may be a passenger vehicle, motorcycle, or truck. A car accident involves two or more motor vehicles colliding. Common causes of car accidents and pedestrians accident involve distracted driving, reckless driving, and speeding. Another type of accident that can be either a car accident or a pedestrian accident is a parking lot accident. A parking lot accident involves a driver operating a motor vehicle at low speeds and hitting a person on foot or in another vehicle. Parking lot accidenst can cause injury to a pedestrian, driver, or passenger. If you have been involved in an accident in a parking lot, contact an Atlanta car accident lawyer immediately.Common Causes of Parking Lot Accidents in Atlanta
The common causes of parking lot accidents include:
- Sudden stops: The front of one vehicle hits the rear of another vehicle when that vehicle comes to a sudden stop.
- Poor visibility: A driver operating a motor vehicle hits a stationary object like a parking deck structure, sign, or concrete board because of dark, poor visibility conditions. Colliding with another car while backing out of a parking space is common because of the driver’s inability to see other cars approaching from that angle.
- Distraction: The driver may be parking, looking for a parking space, or backing out of a parking space, and not see a pedestrian walking by.
- Aggressive driving: More than one driver vying for the same parking space can cause a side or front end collision between the vehicles.
A car accident attorney serving Atlanta will have the task of investigation how your accident happened to determine the liable party or parties.Who is Negligent in an Atlanta Parking Lot Accident?
After determining the cause of the accident, an Atlanta lawyer will have to prove that the other party is at fault. The at-fault party is called a defendant in a civil case. Proving fault involves:
- Proving the defendant had a legal duty to protect the victim from harm while they were in the parking lot
- The defendant breached that legal duty by causing an accident that injured the victim
- The defendant’s negligence was the reason for the victim’s injuries
- The victim is owed money to pay for medical bills, lost wages, vehicle damage, and other damages
At The Angell Law Firm, our attorneys are familiar with the common causes of parking lot accidents. We are committed to determining fault in your parking lot accident and proving negligence. Doing these two things will ensure that you receive a fair settlement or trial verdict. You were injured at it was not your fault. You need a car accident lawyer serving Atlanta. Contact us immediately for help.