Dallas Bicycle Accident Lawyer
With a total area of approximately 4.5 square miles, Dallas, Georgia is one of the smaller suburbs of Atlanta. Due to its small size, many residents choose to ride bicycles to get around town, when running errands or even just for fun. The city is also home to a number of mountain biking trails, so it is not uncommon to see bicycling enthusiasts on the roads in the spring, summer, and autumn months. Like other cities in the state, Dallas has taken steps to ensure the safety of cyclists by creating bike lanes and enforcing related traffic laws, but bicyclists are still injured in accidents every year. With injuries ranging from minor scrapes and bruises to seriously broken bones, bicycle accident victims are often forced to endure painful medical treatment while also paying expensive medical bills. This can quickly drive a victim and his or her family into debt, making it especially important for cyclists who have been injured in collisions with motorists to contact an experienced Dallas bicycle accident lawyer who can help them seek compensation for their losses.How Common are Bicycle Accidents?
Collisions between motorists and cyclists occur at a much higher rate than most people know. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that as many as 1,000 bicyclists are killed in collisions with motorists every year, while an additional 467,000 suffer injury. Bicycle accidents are especially dangerous because they can occur just about anywhere and at any time, and almost always take the victim by surprise. If you have been the victim of a bicycle accident, reach out to an Atlanta bicycle accident lawyer today.
There are certain individuals who are more likely than others to be involved in bike accidents, including:
- Adults between the ages of 50 and 59 years old, who sustain the highest rate of fatal injuries;
- Children and adolescents who account for around one-third of all bicycle accident victims; and
- Motorists and bicyclists who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
While the consumption of drugs or alcohol accounts for around 37% of all bicyclist-motorist collisions, there are a number of other common bicycle accident causes, including:
- A driver’s failure to check or obey traffic signals;
- A driver’s failure to check his or her blind spot before turning or changing lanes;
- Driving recklessly or speeding;
- A driver’s failure to yield;
- Poor road conditions, including slick pavement, potholes, uneven surfaces, unmarked manhole covers, improperly painted roadways, and poorly designed sewer grates;
- Falling asleep at the wheel;
- Drifting into the bike lane; and
- Failing to give a cyclist enough room when passing.
Unfortunately, this type of negligent behavior causes thousands of bicycle accidents every year, many of which are fatal. To learn more about filing a claim for damages for your own bicycle accident, please contact a bicycle accident attorney serving Dallas.Call Today for Help with Your Case
Call today to schedule a free consultation with one of the dedicated bicycle accident attorneys in Dallas at The Angell Law Firm, LLC. A member of our legal team can be reached 24/7 by calling (770) 217-4954 or by sending an online message.