Rush Hour Accidents
The term “rush hour” refers to two time periods during any work day: 6:00 AM to 10: AM and 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. During these time periods, a large amount of workers commute between home and work. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that half of all reported motor vehicle accidents occur during rush hour. An Atlanta car accident lawyer can help victims prove fault in these situations.
There are many reasons why rush hour accidents occur which include: significant traffic flow increases the risk of an automobile collision occurring, inattentive drivers can create a variety of types of automobile accidents, drivers who are late to work have a tendency to speed and collide with other vehicle, and an increased numbers of vehicles on the road can result in decreased visibility for motor vehicle drivers. Because there is a great risk of rush hour accidents occurring and these collisions are frequently dangerous in nature, motorists in Georgia should understand some information about rush hour accidents.Causes Of Rush Hour Accidents
There are many factors that tend to cause rush hour collisions in the Atlanta area including: motor vehicle drivers who follow other vehicles too closely, drivers who operate vehicles while distracted, drivers who drastically alter their speed, motor vehicle drivers who operate vehicles while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, adverse weather conditions that affect visibility, road rage, obstructions in the road, and brake malfunctions or tire problems.The Increased Risk Of Vehicle Pile Ups
There is a significant risk of multiple vehicle accidents occurring during rush hour traffic. These accidents occur when one motor vehicle driver fails to respond in time to a vehicle collision that has occurred on the road ahead. Many multiple vehicle accidents occur because drivers are distracted and therefore do not have an ample amount of time to respond to a collision that suddenly occurs.Ways To Prevent Rush Hours Accidents
There are some safety tips that motor vehicle drivers can take to avoid a car accident occurring during rush hour, which include the following:
- Avoid Tailgating. Tailgating, which refers to a driving pattern when one motorist follows another motorist too closely, is one of the leading causes of rush hour accidents. Motor vehicle drivers should try to avoid tailgating by leaving an adequate amount of their automobile and surrounding vehicles on the road.
- Exercise Caution When Changing Between Lanes. During rush hour, drivers tend to be less generous about letting other drivers yield because many rush hour drivers tend to be either in a rush to arrive at their destination or stressed by driving conditions. Drivers who must change lanes during the rush hour commute should make sure to check their blind spots twice to ensure there is ample room to yield. An Atlanta lawyer can help victims bring a claim against someone who failed to check a blind spot.
- Plan Ahead. Motor vehicle drivers should try never to rush. If a motorist believes that they will be late to their destination, it is a wise idea to let someone know and then take one’s time to safely to drive to their destination. Many employers are considerate about matters if an employee informs their supervisor that they will be late to arrive to work.
- Refrain From Switching Lanes If At All Possible. Drivers should refrain from switching lanes if at all possible. Avoiding lane switches is a wise idea because drivers are able to avoid potential collisions with other motor vehicle drivers. There is a risk that a driver might become angry if another motor vehicle tries to cut in front of them. Because road rage is also known to cause accidents, drivers should avoid creating situations in which road rage might occur.
- Remain Focused. Motor vehicle drivers should remember to pay attention and stay engaged with surrounding conditions as they drive. Motorists must avoid any type of distraction that will take their focus off of the road.
- Take A Few Minutes To Relax Prior To Driving. Motor vehicle drivers who either drive in a rush to work or stressed out at the end of a long day have a tendency to get involved in accidents. By taking a few minutes to lower one’s stress levels prior to driving, a motorist can greatly decrease the chances of a motor vehicle accident occurring. Individuals should make to schedule ample time to make sure that one arrives at their destination on time.
- Utilize Ride Sharing. Many commuters who only transport themselves to and from work are unable to take advantage of carpool lanes. Using ride sharing allows individuals to decrease their commute time because carpool lanes frequently involve less traffic. Motorists are also able to decrease the risk of being involved in a collision with another vehicle because there are a significantly smaller number of vehicles that use carpool and therefore less traffic with which to contend.
Motor vehicle injuries that occur during rush hour are very similar to other types of motor vehicle collision with the exception that traffic congestion can make it particularly difficult for law enforcement and emergency services to arrive at the scene of the accident. Receiving compensation for injuries incurred during a motor vehicle collision can also be particularly difficult because parties might have a hard time determining which party is responsible for causing the accident. However, an injury lawyer in Atlanta may be instrumental during this process. Typical injuries resulting from rush hour accidents include broken limbs, internal organ damage, paralysis, spinal cord injuries, and whiplash.The Assistance of A Skilled Accident Attorney
A motor vehicle driver who has operated a vehicle in a negligent manner should be held responsible for any damages or injuries that arise due to this type of behavior. Individuals who are injured in a rush hour accident are frequently able to obtain various types of compensation including medical costs, lost wages, emotional trauma, and loss of consortium or companionship of a spouse. The lawyers at Angel Law Firm LLC has experience helping clients recover compensation for injuries that occur during rush hour accidents.