Greenville Dog Bite Attorney – Ensuring the Injured Are Compensated Fairly
- If you have been attacked by a dog, speak to an honest and aggressive dog bite attorney at one of the best law firms in South Carolina at once.
- Bryce Angell is an award-winning lawyer and the founder of The Angell Law Firm.
- Find out what it’s really like to work with our Greenville personal injury lawyers by reading the reviews on our website.
- Mr. Angell, and the other top attorneys on our team, are committed to helping clients recover as much compensation as possible.
Many people consider dogs to be man’s best friend. But unfortunately, dogs are still animals, and they often attack. Dog bites remain very common throughout all 50 states and can have serious consequences. Some dog bite victims suffer permanent disfigurement, nerve and tissue damage and psychological trauma. In extreme cases, dog attacks may even result in death.
If you have been bitten by a dog, there’s no time to waste. Get in touch with a skilled dog bite attorney at The Angell Law Firm at once to discuss your legal options.
What Skilled Lawyers Recommend Doing During A Dog Attack
If you are being attacked, try to remain calm. If you panic, you may give the dog confidence or you may appear threatening to the dog. Here are other tips to follow during a dog attack:
- Attempt to take control by commanding “down” or “go home, ” while slowly backing away.
- Do not run. Running will excite the dog, and you cannot outrun an excited dog.
- Assume a non-threatening position by standing sideways to the dog instead of facing the dog and making eye contact with him. Clench your fists to protect your fingers.
- Hold your position. Dogs have a short attention span and may lose interest if you wait long enough.
- Stay still and protect your face, chest and throat. If the dog is biting you, do not struggle or pull away- this can cause open, torn wounds.
- Use any object you may have in your hands to distract the dog. Try to get the dog to latch onto the object rather than onto you.
- If the dog does get a hold of you, fighting back is the best bet. Use your body weight to fight off the animal, especially with your knees and elbows.
- If there are multiple dogs, go for the eyes, nose, and limbs.
- If a dog has locked onto another animal or human, pick up its back legs and hold it in the air to keep it from pulling, ripping and causing more damage.
Unfortunately, even if you follow all of these tips, it’s possible the dog could still seriously injure you. Focus on your recovery while the dog bite attorneys at The Angell Law Firm handle the legal aspect of your case. Call us today to learn more.
What Experienced Attorneys From Top Law Firms Suggest Victims Do After An Attack
If you are the victim of an attack, you will need to follow these steps after being bitten:
- Report the incident to the owner, animal control and the proper authorities.
- Seek medical treatment. What does not appear serious at first could become infected or result in nerve damage or scarring.
- Take photographs of all visible injuries.
- Make sure the animal has had proper and current vaccinations.
- Obtain the homeowner’s insurance information for the dog owner, including the name, policy number, and agent for the policy.
- If the owner is renting the home, obtain information about the owner, their homeowner’s coverage, and a copy of the lease agreement.
Dog bite victims should also seek legal representation from a personal injury lawyer at The Angell Law Firm immediately after an attack. Our attorneys can help you gather the information you need to prove liability and recover compensation in your personal injury case. Let us handle these tasks–your priorities should be reporting the incident, taking photographs at the scene, confirming the dog has been properly vaccinated, and of course, seeking medical attention. Remember, even if you do not think you are seriously injured, it’s still a good idea to play it safe by visiting a doctor as soon as possible.
Schedule A Free Consultation With A Lawyer At The Angell Law Firm Today
Have you been injured by another person’s dog? If so, seek legal representation from the experienced dog bite attorneys at The Angell Law Firm at once. Our team of personal injury attorneys has years of experience representing the injured in Greenville. Some of our many practice areas include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, slip and fall accidents, and premises liability claims. We will work tirelessly to recover the compensation you deserve.
Let an attorney for dog bite victims review the details of your case and explain your legal options. We will be happy to answer all of your legal questions and go over the process of filing a claim and reaching a settlement to recover damages. To get started, please call our office at (864) 670-2727 or fill out the form on our website to speak to an attorney at law today.