Law Firm Fighting For Compensation For those Injured in 18-Wheeler Accidents And More
- The Angell Law Firm knows personal injury law, which is why our Atlanta car accident attorneys are able to offer the best legal representation in the state.
- Attorney Bryce Angell works tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome in each client’s case.
- Our award-winning lawyers have extensive legal resources, so they can tackle complex truck accident cases.
- We have The Angell Law Firm 4.5/5 stars – based on 81 reviews, so check out our website to see why clients think of us as one of the top law firms in Georgia.
- If you would like to learn more about your legal options, call our office to schedule a free consultation with an honest and aggressive lawyer.
Commercial trucks regularly carry over 15,000 pounds of goods, bringing the total weight of an 18-wheeler, tractor trailer, or semi-truck to 80,000 lbs. Because of their size, commercial trucks often cause severe and fatal injuries when they collide with other vehicles.
Because special rules apply to the drivers of large trucks like big rigs or 18-wheelers, it is important to speak to a truck accident lawyer if you have been injured in a truck accident. An experienced truck accident attorney can answer your questions and discuss all of the legal options that may be available to you. Call (770) 217-4954 to schedule a free consultation with a truck wreck lawyer at The Angell Law Firm today. In the meantime, here are some of the most popular questions we receive about truck crashes:
- After A Truck Accident, When Should I Seek Medical Attention?
- What Are The Best Ways To Preserve And Collecting Evidence After A Truck Wreck?
- How Can A Team Of Truck Injury Lawyers Help Me Recover Compensation?
After A Truck Accident, When Should I Seek Medical Attention?
The most important thing an injured victim of a truck accident should do after an accident is seek medical attention. Sometimes, victims may delay seeking medical attention and attempt to “tough it out” instead. But, this is a mistake. The more time that elapses between the truck accident and the first visit with a doctor, the weaker a person’s case against the truck driver becomes. The attorneys or insurance companies representing the truck driver and trucking company will point towards the lengthy period of time and claim that the injury was not that serious. The trucking company’s attorney and insurance company could even argue that the victim’s injuries were not actually sustained in the accident at all. For these reasons, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible after the accident.
I appreciate the fact my case was settled quickly and efficiently. They have amazing customer service and will answer any questions you have. – Wes F
What Are The Best Ways To Preserve And Collecting Evidence After A Truck Wreck?
You will need to collect and preserve evidence from the truck accident in order to build a strong case against the at-fault party and recover compensation for your injuries. Here’s a look at the evidence trucking accident attorneys recommend you collect:
- At the scene of the accident. When you are at the scene of the truck accident, be sure to take as many pictures as possible from as many angles as possible. If there are any markings on the road, such as skid marks, be sure to photograph them as well. If there were other motorists or even pedestrians who witnessed the accident, ask if they would feel comfortable giving an eyewitness account on a video recording. Even if they say no, be sure to write down their contact information in case they need to testify in court.
- After the accident. Collecting and preserving evidence in the days and months after the accident is just as important as collecting evidence at the scene. You should try to keep copies of anything related to your truck accident such as pay slips that show reduced wages from missed work, hospital bills, and any other expense that you would not have incurred if you were not in the truck accident.
Be sure to give a copy of each piece of evidence to your trucking accident lawyer. This will make it easier for truck accident attorneys to begin building the case against the truck driver and/or trucking company.
How Can A Team Of Truck Injury Lawyers Help Me Recover Compensation?
Damages available to the victim of a truck accident include compensation for damage to a vehicle, hospital bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. These damages are called compensatory damages. In some cases, such as truck accidents where the driver was under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol, plaintiffs can also seek uncapped punitive damages.
Call The Angell Law Firm to Schedule A Free Consultation With Truck Injury Attorney
Our truck accident lawyers are ready to review your case and put their litigation experience and knowledge to work for you and your family. Don’t delay in calling our team as waiting could prevent you from recovering your fair settlement and seeing justice served.
The Angell Law Firm specializes in personal injury cases. Some of our many practice areas include car accidents, wrongful death, motorcycle accidents, and slip and fall accidents. For your convenience, we offer free consultations seven days a week. Please contact The Angell Law Firm at (770) 217-4954 or fill out our free case evaluation form online to get started.